Local family database Alt Lobitz
The rural village of Alt Lobitz (today Lowicz Walecki) belonged to
Kreis (the county of) Deutsch Krone from 1878-1945 and was comprised
of Alt Lobitz and the farms of Grünhofswalde and Marienhof -
totalling 427 inhabitants in 90 households.
Before 1878 Alt Lobitz was divided into a Pomeranian part
(belonging to Kreis Dramburg) and a West Prussian part (belonging to
Kreis Deutsch Krone). The division existed already in 1773 at the
time of the Prussian annexation. At that time the parish was still
called Lobitz, and one part belonged to the Neumark and the other to
Each of its respective parts had, until 1875, belonged to different
parishes. The Pomeranian part (until 1816 part of the Neumark) was in
the area belonging to Alt Körtnitz, while the West Prussian part
belonged to Märkisch Friedland. Both parts were unified in 1875 and
then were under the jurisdiction of Alt Körtnitz. On February 8, 1878
the identically named town administrations were also joined together
and added to Kreis Deutsch Krone.
Note / Sources:
The present online databank is based primarily on the index to the
surviving church book duplicates of Alt Lobitz (Pomeranian part) for
1840, 1843-49 as well as 1851-73. These records are today kept at the
state archive at Koszalin (formerly Köslin) and filmed by the Mormons.
Translated by Christopher Wolter